The following information explains how and why we collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are.
What information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We store information only when you register for personalised services on the Business Companion website.
The information we collect when you register is your first name, surname and email address so that we can provide services that are specific to you. Business name and region are optional fields that will help us understand who is using the site.
How do we use your information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- enable you to watch content and be updated by email when it's updated
- enable you to create collections of content specific to your identified business needs
In the future we may send messages about website developments or changes that affect registered users; you will be able to unsubscribe from these emails.
Will the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
We use information about you only for the purpose of providing you with details on Business Companion; we do not disclose your information to third parties.
CTSI does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. CTSI may provide aggregate, anonymised statistics about our users, website traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
How do we protect your information?
We endeavour to protect your information in the following ways:
- we will not request or store information that is excessive for our purposes
- the data will be updated directly if you update or delete your profile details
- we will delete any information about you we hold that is no longer relevant, or within a reasonable period of the date such information becomes no longer necessary for our purposes
- we will protect your data against unauthorised use
Receipt of information
You can request, at any time, that we stop using your information simply by deleting your account.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we may collect on the site to enhance your overall experience. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.