12 March 2020
As the number of UK cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection escalates, the Government has produced guidance, which "will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to staff on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- what to do if someone with suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a workplace setting
- what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas, as outlined by the Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- advice for the certification of absence from work resulting from COVID-19"