21 January 2019
The Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) is seeking relevant stakeholder views on draft business guidance covering the main consumer laws that apply to the car trade, particularly used car dealers.
The consultation will open on Monday 21 January and close on Friday 15 February.
CTSI would like to receive relevant views on the draft guidance. It has the aim of informing members of the car trade on the main areas of consumer law that apply to their business. This includes:
- practical steps on complying with fair trading laws for traders who market and sell cars
- interpretation of the legal obligations dealers owe to consumers before, during and after any dealings or contracts made with them
- guidance on the law as it applies to transparent and fair pricing
- information requirements for advertising and selling online
- options when disputes arise
How to respond (deadline: close of business Friday 15 February 2019)
Please send responses, stating your name, contact details, organisation, interest and views by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or in writing to:
Car Guide Law Responses
Chartered Trading Standards Institute
1 Sylvan Court
Southfields Business Park